Red Rice with Meatballs.
You can cook Red Rice with Meatballs using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Rice with Meatballs
- Prepare of Rice.
- It's 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 3-1/3 cup of water to boil rice.
- It's 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt for rice.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- It's of Meatballs and Sauce.
- It's 24 ounces of Italian style meatballs see my recipes.
- You need 1 quart of pasta sauce I used Mids meat sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water to rinse sauce jar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of capers.
- You need 1-1/3 cup of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 12 ounces of frozen or fresh cauliflower.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare To taste of salt if needed.
Red Rice with Meatballs step by step
- Heat the oil and fry the raw rice in it. Add the parsley when it turns white add 2 of the cups of rice. Stir and simmer 8 minutes..
- Chop the cauliflower and add the meatballs and cauliflower pieces. Add the 1/3 cup of water..
- Get the sauce ready. Add the capers and simmer 5 minutes. Now add the sauce. Put 1/3 cup water in jar with lid on it and shake it up to get everything out of jar..
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients it's most likely getting thick, so stir in the water 2/3 cup at the time. This will insure the rice doesn't stick and burn at bottom and the sauce isn't to thick or to thin. When it's simmered till craters form cover and remove from heat. Keep covered and undisturbed for 15-20 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.