Drumstick Leaves Dal.
You can have Drumstick Leaves Dal using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Drumstick Leaves Dal
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 1 cup of (tightly packed) drumstick leaves.
- It's 1 of tomato, roughly chopped.
- You need 2-3 of green chilies.
- You need 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of dry red chilies, broken.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 5-6 of garlic, chopped / crushed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It's of salt to taste.
- It's 1 tsp. of tamarind paste.
Drumstick Leaves Dal step by step
- Pressure cook soaked dal, drumstick leaves, tomatoes & green chilies with 1 & 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Mash slightly & keep aside..
- Heat oil & temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilies, curry leaves & garlic. Sauté till the garlic changes colour..
- Add turmeric powder and salt and give it a stir..
- Add boiled dal & tamarind paste. Simmer for 4-5 minutes..
- Serve with plain steamed rice..