Smoked Baby Back Ribs.
You can cook Smoked Baby Back Ribs using 6 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Baby Back Ribs
- It's 1/2 of slab Baby Back Ribs.
- It's of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare of Meatheads Memphis Dust (found in my recipes).
- You need of BBQ sauce, if you like. I prefer un-sauced.
- It's of Minion Method for easy temperature control. Directions below or in my recipes.
- It's of Remote BBQ thermometer. I like the Maveric brands and use this one: amazon.com/s?k=XR-30&ref=nb_sb_noss.
Smoked Baby Back Ribs instructions
- Wash and pat dry the ribs..
- Remove the membrane from the bones. Search online for the method.
- About 1-2 hours before cooking, lightly sprinkle Kosher Salt over the meat. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate (ice).
- After a 1-2 hour rest, remove rap and sprinke about 1 Tbs of Dust, then rub into the meat..
- Prepare the smoker with the water pan but don't put the middle section over the briquettes chamber..
- Fill the bottom with about 2 layers of Kingsford Original Briquettes, make an indentation in the middle..
- In a chimney lighter, put about 15 briquettes and light. When about 75% is grey, pour onto the unlit briquettes and spread. Use more on a windy or cold day..
- Place the middle section with the water pan on the charcoal section..
- Open all vents 100%.
- Put 4 oz of smoking wood of your choice on the lit coals. I like a little Cherry and Apple. Don't soak the wood, it's a myth..
- Put the temperature probe on the grate bracket, add the ribs, and put on the lid. Do not trust the lid thermometer, it could be off by 25-50f. You need the grate temperature..
- Monitor the grill temperature and when it hits 200f close all bottom dampers to 50%. You're striving for 225f to 250f..
- Fine tune the dampers and set timer for 4-5 hours.
- After about 1/2 hour, add another 4oz smoke wood. That's all you need..
- After 4-5 hours, check for doneness. It's ready when the meat pulls away from the ends about 1/4-1/2"..
- If you wish, open all dampers to raise the heat. When hot, brush the tops and allow to glaze. Or just put some sauce on or not, up to you..
- When the ribs are done, remove, cover with foil to rest a bit then cut between the bones. Don't worry about pink, that's the 'smoke ring' and a sign of a good smoke..
- We like it with KFC coleslaw (in my recipes) and some beer..