You can have Kid-friendly spaghetti using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kid-friendly spaghetti
- You need 500 of !g lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It's 800 ml of canned whole tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 500 g of dried spaghetti.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Kid-friendly spaghetti step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the beef and fry, breaking up any large chunks, until the meat is almost cooked. Drain all but a few tablespoons of oil from the pan..
- Add the onions to the pan and continue frying until the beef is caramelized and the onions translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and fry another 2 minutes..
- Add the beef stock and let simmer until all the liquid has evaporated and the meat starts frying again..
- Stir in the tomato paste and oregano. Let fry for 3 minutes, then add the canned tomatoes, including any juices. Fill the can halfway with water and add that as well. Stir in the sugar. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste..
- Boil the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drag the noodles into the sauce. Add the parmesan and toss to combine..