Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup.
You can have Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup
- Prepare of Soup.
- It's 1 pound of beef meatballs see my recipes.
- It's 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes.
- It's 1/2 pound of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion.
- You need 28 ounce of can sauerkraut.
- You need 1 quart of mushroom broth.
- Prepare 2 quarts of beef broth.
- It's 1/2 pound of ziti rigati pasta.
- You need 1/3 pound of summer sausage.
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of summer savory.
- You need 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- You need of To taste salt.
- You need of To taste ground black pepper.
- You need of To taste ground white pepper.
- Prepare 5 of whole juniper berries.
Sauerkraut, and Meatball Soup step by step
- Wash, peel, and slice the potatoes then cut into manageable pieces. Wash, peel, and slice the carrots. Slice the garlic. Peel the summer sausage slice as thick as the potatoes. Now quarter the sausage slices..
- Brown in a pot the meatballs in the butter. Set meatballs aside. Add potatoes, garlic, onions, and carrots and sauté in the butter and liquids in the pot that had the meatballs. Add in the mushroom broth, juniper berries, and spices. Chop the juniper berries..
- Drain and rinse the sauerkraut. Add to the pot the sauerkraut and pasta with the vegetables along with the meatballs..
- Add half the beef broth. After 15 minutes add the rest of the broth. Allow to cook covered for 30 minutes. Serve with bread I hope you enjoy!!!.